Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Weekend

This past weekend was a busy but fun one!
 
On Saturday we met John and Kara for lunch and gave them the marathon goodie basket we made! The boys were so happy to see their aunt and uncle! and so were we :)
 


After lunch, I took Will to a birthday party at a gymnastic center.  He LOVED it!

On our way home from the party, a hot air balloon flew right over our car! We waved to the people up in the balloon!
After the party, we went to dinner at a friend's house and Will and Jack got to play with their school buddies.  Fun night!

Sunday morning I drove down to Turtle Creek to watch John and Kara run in the Dallas Marathon.  It was an awesome experience.  The energy of the runners and people cheering along the street was amazing!  I was standing along the road between mile 5 and 6.  I saw the elite runners come through first and they were REALLY fast! It was neat to see them.

Then I saw JOHN! I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to find them in the crowd, but I did! I think my big green sign helped!

GO JOHN!
Then I saw KARA!  I was so excited to see both of them run.  I am VERY proud of them!!!!
GO KARA!

After the marathon, I picked up Mike and the boys and we went to lunch for Uncle Bill's birthday. 
The cousins had a great time together!


While Jack took his nap, Mike and Will went down to Operation Kindness to drop off donations for Christmas.  Mike collects a bunch of money and donations from his office and takes goodies down to them every year.  Will got to go and help! He loved all the puppies!!!!


 
 And Sunday night we light the candle for Peace! Will is much more into the advent wreath this year. 
:)
 

No comments: